Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Contribution to the English Language

Some crazy guy on You Tube has taken a still image of (my one true love) John Steinbeck and animated its features against his voice talking about the Grapes of Wrath. It's really well done and just a little bit creepy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRxZDKTo1s

Anyhoo, I'm reading his Journal of a Novel nowadays. At one point he bemoans the fact that young authors are no longer inventing new language. No one's coming up with new words or phrases to keep English fresh. So I thought that if I call myself a writer, that's the least I can do. Here is my contribution to the English language.

1. Spacey Cutlet. As in: I left the stove on when I left for work this morning. Now everything I own is carbonized. I'm such a spacey cutlet.

2. Bledy Feck. As in: Bledy Feck! I left the stove on when I left for work this morning. Now everything I own is carbonized. I'm such a spacey cutlet.

I have no doubt in mind that long after I'm gone, these little contributions of mine will ensure that my good name is interred in the annals of history.
Annals...hehehehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment