Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Greatest Threat



  • Sherlock: I am without peer. Without sane peer, anyway, which is functionally identical to being without peer, full stop. I can only extend so much of myself to a non-peer, which means I can only extend so much of myself to anyone. I've made progress, of course, but I don't know how much more growth there is within me. If I can never value a relationship properly, then, at what point do I stop trying to maintain them?

  • Meeting leader: You haven't turned your back on the world yet.

  • Sherlock: But I am without peer. And that's the greatest threat to my sobriety.

  • Elementary 
  • S02E21

2 comments:

  1. I've seen part of this show. Must get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much beautiful writing in this series.

      Delete