Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tantrum

Much as I appreciate people visiting this blog, sometimes like today, I wish this was my private nook in the crowded Internet, where I could tuck myself into a corner and spend the day feeling sad, writing ungrateful & wildly incorrect stories about how pathetic the state of my affairs is. To let this sad music playing in the background become my reality and not have anyone see how selfish & sniffling I can be. I want to feel tortured without being reasoned out of it. I want to feel torn without good advice getting in the way. I want my mundane tantrums to take on the epic proportions of tragedy. I want to be buried under the full weight of this hopelessness. I want no one to come to my rescue.

Except that perhaps...I do.


11 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a quote by Chuck Palahniuk, from Fight Club:
    'This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote k! Cool way to look at it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.

    This one is sad and beautiful. And the desire to write sad thoughts is a great thought.

    Shelley was right. Our sweetest songs are those that tell us of saddest thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment & for reading, Vikas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the picture a representation of Raj Kapoor in 'Mera Naam Joker'? He revelled in sad, didn't he? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miss Banno :) No, this is some other image I found online (on a weirdly techie write-up!)
    Will you judge me if I said I've never seen Mera Naam Joker?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really isn't fair that you express my thoughts so well. ;)

    *Internet hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now see, your comments saying "thanks for reading" make this post a mild #meta.

    I felt exactly the same today and created off one new blog itself. There I'm being generally whiny and self pitying. Sad. But therapeutic. Mildly. Perhaps not.

    Anyway. Just said all this because coincidence tha. No offence and all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, the last line makes the post a mild #meta. :)
    No offence taken. Happy blogging...or unhappy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have really nothing to comment but to simply look up to you and admire that how beautifully you express your unease as well. But that's what happens when you excel your art, though you have poured all your sadness in this post, yet to me there's something so beautiful about it...and that;s your style of expressing...(no offenses)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Himani. How're things with you? Where are you nowadays?

    ReplyDelete