Thursday, December 20, 2012

This Suitcase

This year I've packed a lot of suitcases because of work (no I don't work for a movers & packers company ha ha).
I've become quite adept at it now.

But this suitcase - it's quite another thing.
No sensible shoes. Two pairs of heels, one pair of boots and bright red sneakers.
No functional shampoo-cum-soap. Three types of hair products and a hair dryer.
I'm ditching my 'outdoor location' pants that have been through unimaginable, pan-Indian trouser trauma. The tight-tight jeans and skirts are in.
No serious kurtis packed for meetings. There's a special corner in the suitcase for my disco-ball, sequined, swishy top.
And SO MUCH make-up and dangly earrings.
No laptop bag full of research materials and power-point presentations. Just Steinbeck and a trashy magazine.
I'm finally going to listen to that loooooong podcast that's been slow-basting in my Ipod.

In what seems like an eternity, I'm finally going on vacation.

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? Booze. Lots and lots of booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment